Down to five
You know the Nordic people. They like to sit down, discuss and come up with decisions. So, they decided. These are the 5 basic Nordic values, that span their societies and economies.
- Preserving the environment and natural resources. Working for sustainable growth and development
- New ways of thinking, creativity and innovation. Using everyone’s talents to tackle problems and come up with new things to improve life.
- Openness and transparency. There is nothing to hide. Media and the public have access to everything and everybody can form and share an opinion openly and publicly.
- Compassion and equality. We are all the same and have the same value regardless of gender, age, religion, political beliefs, sexual orientation, race or any other personal trait.
- Trust. Not only in our family and friends but also to strangers, even institutions. More trust equals less control and stress.
There are so many lessons to learn from the Nordics. The way they share their common values, what unites them. And the way they focus on what is really important in life. Happy #NordicDay!